Heads up: This post will be long.
I don’t recall perfectly all the songs I’ve listened to repetitively this year, but here goes a few of them (they are not necessarily released in 2012):
- You Da One – Rihanna
I remember it was first on my online playlist. It has something to it when she says “yep I’m fallin’ for ya but there’s nothin’ wrong with that.”
- Super Bass – Nicki Minaj
I love the tune. There is nothing I like about Nicki Minaj. Funny fact: her real name is Onika Tanya Maraj.
- Soldier of Love – Sade
I don’t know if any of you have heard this before, but it’s quite nice.
- Unthinkable – Alicia Keys feat. Drake
I’ve heard the version without Drake, honestly I like the flavor he adds to it in this remix.
- Blue Jeans – Lana Del Ray
Lana Del Ray ‘emerged’ this year, widely, especially after H&M’s cover with her. Many love her video clips, I honestly don’t, but her songs are something else.
- Be Your Sound – Cosmic Gate & Emma Hewitt
They are definitely my most loved, I’m not into this type of music, but this song is strangely romantic, I love it.
- Vermont – Mornings
AJ Says this song is like me in one way or another. I have come to believe that because I got used to starting my day with it, and having him cross my mind when I listen to it.
- Somebody That I Used To Know – Gotye Cover
I don’t think there is anyone on this planet who has not heard this song. Maybe 2012’s most famous till now. Amazing, never dies, in my opinion.
- Aal Aayel – Feirouz
Lebanese to the bones. True and enough said.
- Little Talks – Of Monsters And Men
Maybe one of the cutest duos yet? Listen to it and judge, very beautiful lyrics.
- Big Jet Plane – Angus & Julia Stone
Another very cute duo. I doubt you have listened to it before, try it.
- One More Night – Maroon 5
This band always does it right, and the video clip is even more amazing.
I read a lot A LOT this year. Here goes links to one of the best I’ve read and I still recall or have saved.
- The future is now: 10 startups leading the way in ‘big data’
Tweeted by @Salem_Mneimneh
- 10 Inspirational Photo Books
Tweeted by @NicocoHayek
- 10 Questions That Create Success
Tweeted by @Moubarak
- Anonymous Confessions
Blogged by Janbein.wordpress.com
- 11 Beautiful Logos
Tweeted by @TheNextWeb
- Making of Cinemoz, Hulu of the Arab World
Tweeted by @Cinemoz
- The Best 45 Tweets of the Presidential Debate
Tweeted by TheSecondMedia
- Uncommon Features of Einstein’s Brain Might Reveal His Remarkable Cognitive Abilities
Tweeted by @janbein
I’ve worked with 8 startups this year and watched them form. Below are my biased 9 startups of 2012 (in alphabetical order so you cannot tell who I love the most). Click on each one to discover it on your own. Have fun:
So yes, a year is full of moments. Here are my 2012 highlights:
- Kay’s birthday celebration in January: Epic Suit-Up night it was!
- Sarah and I in Dubai: It was amazing, first time we travel together.
- Arabnet COnference: March 2012, it was epic and involved a good deal of Cinemoz highlights.
- Sarah’s engagement: a night to remember in June..
- My brother’s marriage: epicest night of 2012, joy, happiness and lots of drinking and dancing!
- Lucy in Lebanon: A two-month vacation during which I saw her for like three days in total or something… But it was amazing!
- Ash’s Honda Steed: He got it and we all loved it, got my share of rides!
- AJ: We met in September, and have been in love ever since.
- Rise of the stArtups day off: Seeqnce Team hit Edde Sands Private Bungalow for a day of relaxation!
- Baby Hamoudi: Born on March 13, my bundle of joy..
This post was long, but I promise another post before the year ends!